Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch Review

Garmin Fenix 7S; I'm going to be reviewing the new garmin fenix 7s solar so I have the phoenix 7s solar here in the color light sand rose gold.


Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smart watch price

This currently sells for 1039. Canadian or 799. American, making it a very expensive watch. This is how it appears on me. I have a seven-inch wrist, and I've listed all the wrist sizes this watch can fit on screen for you to see if it will work for you, but now I'll go over the major highlights of this watch.

It has a 1.2-inch sunlight-visible fluorescent display. It is a color display that is also always on. It has full touch screen capability as well as full button operation capability, and the touchscreen can be turned off. If you want, it has a battery life of up to 11 days as a smartwatch and up to 14 days with solar charging.


Garmin Fenix 7S Smart Watch Specifications

It has an updated heart rate sensor, thousands of golf course maps, and scheme apps. the ability to obtain topographic maps. 

It can download up to 2 000 songs from Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, as well as from your computer if you have your own music files on there. It also has many built-in features, such as pace pro suggested workouts.

"Also read: Carbinox Watch Review "

It is compatible with Garmin Coach compatible with Garmin Pay It has women's health tracking, hydration monitoring, and you can track your basic metrics like steps, floors climbed, calories burned, and active minutes. It also has advanced sleep tracking and pulse oximetry.

It has relaxation reminders so you can check your blood oxygen saturation. You can track a wide range of activities, including open water swimming, walking, and cycling. yoga, among other things

Image of Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch

These are not all of the activities you can track, nor are they all of the functions on this watch, but they are unquestionably some of the most important, in my opinion, so we have this kind of indented design little kind of german logo.


Fenix 7S Solar Smart Watch Design

When we look at the bezel here, we can see that it is stainless steel, and we also have stainless steel on the connectors.

Also, if we look to the side, we can see a new button guard around the start/stop button, as well as a rotating crown, but there are no usable functions for this at the moment.

Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch front view

Garmin may add some capability for that in the future, but for the time being, it simply does that, and we have three more buttons on this side, as well as the upgraded elevate four heart rate sensor.

So right now you're looking at the display indoors under some lighting; the backlight isn't turned on, so this is how it appears naturally; I'm finding it fairly easy to read indoors.

"Also read: Rolex Classic "Oyster Perpetual" vs. Apple Smart Watch "

So the first thing you'll want to know is that there are five buttons: a start/stop button, a back button, a lap button, a down button, an up menu, and a light button.

Photo of Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch with a yellow background

Basically, anything you can do with the buttons, you can do with a touch screen, so if you want to turn on the light, just click the light button and then click it again to turn it off.

Then, if you want to turn on the light, just tap the screen, and it will turn on as well. Now, if you want to open up an activity, for example, just click this button once, and it will open up.

So, for me, it shows walks as the most popular activity, but you can scroll down and add whatever you want to your favorites. These are some of my personal favorites.

Photo of Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch with a white background

I'm just going to quickly show you guys all the activities that you can kind of see on the phoenix 7s here so you can definitely track a lot and that's one of the great things about the phoenix compared to other watches.

There are many different activities, and you can scroll down and up with the buttons here to see how many there are. If you find an activity you want to do, simply click on the start button and then click it again.

"Also read: TOP 5 Rugged and Waterproof Smart Watches in 2022"

So, in addition to this being a back button, you can also swipe to the right to go back, and if you hold the light button, you'll open up your control panel, where you can customize whatever you want to put in here.

Front view of Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch with a red back

If you hold this button down, we'll see all of our different settings you know things that we can go into so we can see watch faces clocks history and it'll go all the way down now we can see everything in our settings so one great thing is hotkeys

So you can set up shortcuts for each of these buttons here if you want, but you can also set up different things like if I hold this, I open up my watch faces, if I hold the down button, I open up my alarms, and you can set them to other options.

I'm going to show you all of the hot key options you have. They're definitely super helpful, guys. Now, if I hold this button, as I mentioned, it opens up my alarms. 

Then you can simply click an alarm to turn it on or off, and if you want to add more, you can do so by adding an alarm and then customizing it to whatever time you want it to be all right.

So, when you're on the home screen, you can see all of your installed widgets and apps by swiping up or swiping down, or by using the up or down button, and if you want to see something bigger, just click that and it opens it up into a larger view for you.

Front view of Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch with a cyan background

So I really like the layout here it's really clean looking and it's easy to navigate and that's basically how you use the watch if you're new to button only operated watches you're going to like that it does have a touch screen as well just makes navigating a little bit faster for those of you who aren't familiar with button only operated watches.


Fenix 7S Solar smart watch watch faces

So now I'm going to get into watch faces, so just like I showed you before, click the menu button to open up your settings, and then you'll get into your watch faces.

Garmin Fenix 7S Solar watch faces

Some of my favorite watch faces from previous watches are not compatible with the Phoenix 7s. I know it's a new watch, so we might see more in the future, and there aren't that many watch faces currently available.


Garmin Fenix 7S Solar Smart Watch Battery Life

Now I'm going to talk about the battery life of this watch. As I previously stated, it has a quoted battery life of up to 11 days as a smartwatch or 14 days of solar charging, and with my uses, which include gps runs and walks daily alarms timers and more.

"Also read: Top 20 Unknown Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Features!"

I've gotten an average of eight to nine days of battery life, which is absolutely fantastic for me. However, I will say that with solar charging, if I'm going outside for an extended period of time and it's sunny, I usually get about nine days with this watch.

So, with the solar charging here, a lot of watch faces have options to show a little solar graph here today, I have about two and a half hours of outdoor sun activity, so we can see this little snapshot here.

So, by launching the solar intensity widget, we can see a larger graph of what's going on, such as how much solar energy our watch has absorbed. 

So we can see the value here, and we can also see it on the graph, and this is showing the last six hours, so when I went for my walk, there was a lot of solar energy absorbed here.

Garmin Fenix 7S  Battery Life

Then, throughout my day, as I did some minor activities outside, even as I sat by the window and read a little bit, we're seeing small amounts of solar power being absorbed there, and it's working. 

So my battery was at 40 and went up to 44 in this time period, so I'm just worried about my normal day of locks and errands and I'm able to gain four percent of battery life.

I think that's pretty good all right guys, so now I'm going to get into women's health monitoring with this watch, so if you're a male or someone who doesn't want to see this section, you can use my time stamps to skip to the next section. 

"Also read: Carbinox Smart watch Fitness Tracker for iphone"

So we have a women's health tracking widget and another that will track your pregnancy symptoms as well. I currently have the women's health tracking widget.

So I'm going to go to add new and here you can see all of the different options that you can add. So going right to flow, you can add your flow intensity so you can go light medium heavy and then you just click one click done and then you can add more.

Garmin Fenix 7S

So we're going to go to our symptoms, so what symptoms are you experiencing today? You can also see our mood, we can see if there's any discharge, and you can go ahead and choose that, and then you can say if there's any sexual activity and finally sex drive.

So everything you put on here will be synced to the Garmin Connect app when you sync your watch, so the women's health monitoring is definitely useful here.

It keeps track of your daily symptoms and has period prediction on the app, which I find pretty accurate. It's usually spot on, but if it's not, you can always go ahead and change that on the app.

Is Garmin Fenix 7S worth it?

I definitely find it useful here, so I'll just show you some of my sleep from last night so you can see what the sleep tracking actually looks like here, and it's a bit more detailed as well.

We're seeing a nice big chart here, time I fell asleep, time I woke up, and now we're seeing a duration, so this is the amount of time I'd sleep in general and all the different sleep stages. In my experience, this is the most accurate sleep tracking from Garmin that I've seen. It's still a tad off, but it's definitely pretty good.

"Also read: Apple Watch Ultra impressions and review"

If you're looking for a basic metric on how you slept, I think this will be very useful for you because the 7s and 7s solar do not have built-in sensors. In topological maps. I'm not sure why, I guess Garbo is trying to save money or something, but they do allow you to download maps yourself if you want to.

So I went ahead and downloaded the North American maps, so I now have 3.6 gigabytes available out of the 16 gigabytes you're supposed to have, and I have about a hundred songs on here.

So I'm not sure how that worked out, but I can tell you that you cannot hold two thousand songs if you download some maps from here. So keep that in mind. I only have the North American maps, and this is how much space it took up. I had to download it because it didn't come with it.

I plugged it into my computer to download these maps, and it took about two and a half hours. It's a hassle, and honestly, I would have preferred if Garmin had just pre-downloaded them like they did on the phoenix 6s sapphire success pro.


Is Garmin Fenix 7S worth it?

Based on the price, quality, color, performance, battery life, ease of use, and accuracy of the Phoenix 7s solar here, I'd give it a 9.4 out of 10.

Garmin Fenix 7S vs Garmin Fenix 7

Why is Garmin Fenix 7S Solar better than Garmin Fenix 7?

  • 26h longer battery life - GPS  
  • 162h vs 136h.
  • 16g lighter  63g vs 79g.
  • 5mm shorter  42mm vs 47mm.
  • Has a solar power battery.
  • 5mm narrower 42mm vs 47mm.
  • 2mm narrower band 20mm vs 22mm.
  • 22.35% less body volume  24.87cm³ vs 32.03cm³.

Why is Garmin Fenix 6 Pro better than Garmin Fenix 7?

  • Can upload maps.
  • Has branded damage resistant glass.
  • Has trackback mode.
  • Has irregular heart rate warnings.
  • Acquires GPS faster.
  • Has call control.
  • Provides the sunrise/sunset time.
  • 16GB more internal storage 32GB vs 16GB
  • 97 Points VS 85 Points

If there is anything else you'd like to know about the Garmin Fenix 7S Solar smartwatch that I didn't cover today, please leave a comment below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments