Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Virtual Assistant (Bixby Advanced Functions)

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4; Ask my mind to recall that I enjoy the steak tips at Texas Roadhouse. Bixby has been a complete shambles on Samsung smart watches for eons. But, with the Galaxy Watch 4, we finally have a fully functional and incredibly powerful tool.

Bixby does not respond in real time. Most responses will take roughly the same amount of time as the one you just saw. Now, let's take a deep  and begin with some of the more useful Bixby settings.


Settings on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Virtual Assistant that are useful

Bixby can be asked to do things like enable bedtime mode for sleep tracking. Make your watch a flashlight. Make your phone ring by saying "find my phone" and other phrases. Basically, if you want to change or enable a setting.

Simply ask Bixby, and chances are it will work. If you want to make a quick restaurant reservation, say, "Book a table for two at an Italian restaurant in Boston for tomorrow night at six p.m."

That will bring up a list of a bunch of Italian restaurants in Boston from which I can scroll through and choose, and if I choose a restaurant that doesn't have an opening at the time. Bixby will suggest a different available time. Then I can simply scroll down and change the size of my party.

Change the date and time, and you'll see all of my personal contact information if I scroll down further. So I'm not going to scroll any further. However, if I tap time, Bixby will show me all of the available times for making a reservation for five films that are close enough.

So I'll take advantage of that. Now, I could have responded to Bixby and said, confirm, or swipe it away and just tap the word confirm, and the reservation would be made for tomorrow night as soon as that was tapped, and in case you're wondering if you're on a road trip and don't know the name of the town you're currently in.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with a black background

You can't simply type nearby instead of a specific town and expect results based on your current location. Bixby also allows you to create detailed calendar appointments. As an example, I could simply say. Create a Family Trip event at the Boston Aquarium on Wednesday at 10 a.m.

Bixby is also aware of your existing calendar events, so that one command as a title to the event has the time, date, and location. 

"Also read: Fitbit Sense advanced Health Smartwatch 2022 "

If I try to create another event at that time, it will tell me to create an event for lunch with Kyle on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the Olive Garden in Boston, and because there is a collision, it will give me the option to change the time by tapping it.

Thursday at five o'clock, and because there were no collisions on a Thursday at five o'clock, it will allow me to save the event. Bixby has complete access to smart things, allowing you to control anything that is connected to smart things.

So I could say something like "turn off the studio lights." And I can simply turn them off by saying office studio lights off, and smart things is far more powerful than simply turning lights on and off. If you have a robot vacuum, you could instruct it to begin cleaning. If you have a smart dishwasher, you can tell it to start or stop. 

If you have a Samsung TV, you can even change the channel and volume. Smart things even allow you to set up a scene, which allows you to issue a variety of commands with a single command, and if you set up one of those scenes on your phone, you can access it from Bixby on your watch.

A powerful scene would be something called "goodnight." That will turn off all of your lights. Change the temperature on your thermostat. Switch off the coffeemaker. Lock your doors and do whatever else you want as long as the devices are linked to your smart things account.

Bixby can also answer basic weather questions, such as what the hourly forecast is. When is sunrise and when is sunset? However, you can also ask more advanced questions, such as what is the air quality in New York, and this will provide you with a wealth of information if you scroll down. 

So, if I go down, you can see ozone particles, PPM, 2, PPM, 10, sulfur dioxide, and even carbon monoxide. If you're worried about your pipes freezing in the middle of winter, or if it gets too cold, you can even ask questions like, "Will it drop below zero degrees tonight in Boston?"

"Also read: Luminox watch Land Survival XB.3781.KM review "

You can even change the weather by saying things like "Save Celsius as my preferred unit." Simply saying "start breathing" to Bixby will start a breathing exercise. You can also begin stress and heart rate measurements, though two things you can't do right now are body composition measurements or an ECG.

Perhaps those options will be added in a future update. However, as of today, you must start those manually. Bixby's Gravier is also doing some quick math or conversions to figure out a tip. 

What is the percentage of 32? I was cooking and had forgotten how to make some conversions. How many teaspoons are there in a tablespoon? You can even perform advanced calculations, such as finding the cosine of 36.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with a white background

After all of that, I'm still only scratching the surface of what you can do with Bixby on the Galaxy Watch 4, such as creating, changing, or marking reminders as complete, sending messages and having Bixby read back your most recent messages, calling people, asking Bixby what song is playing on nearby speakers, playing a specific playlist on Spotify, and setting and changing alarms and timers.

You can even set alarms for specific times of day, such as 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. And then I can change the time and days of that alarm, changing my 7:00 a.m. alarm to seven and setting it for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.


Favorite Bixby capsules for Galaxy Watch

These are Bixby add-ons that enhance its functionality. To obtain these, launch the Bixby app on your phone. If you have a Samsung device, you will have a Bigsby app preinstalled. Simply launch the app and navigate to the marketplace to view all capsule options.

You can either scroll through all of the available capsules or sort them by category by scrolling across the top. Keep an eye out for you if you want to know if the capsules will work with your galaxy. You just need to look for the little watch icon next to the capsules.

So these three will be compatible with the Galaxy Watch. But won't this one right here do? Because there is no watch symbol, and as you might expect, this is one of the limitations of using a Galaxy Watch with a non-Samsung Android device.

On any non-Samsung Android device, there is simply no capsule marketplace. Fortunately, I discovered a super simple workaround. 

And that workaround involves simply using Bixby on your Galaxy watch while connected to a non-Samsung Android device. As long as you know what the capsule's name is in this case, there's an Air Quality Alert capsule here. 

"Also read: Carbinox Watch Review "

You only need to go on your galaxy watch. Open Bixby and ask air quality alert about the air quality, and just like that, I was teleported from the capsule to my Galaxy Watch 4, which was only connected to my pixel device, and the command didn't have to be exactly what I just said.

It only needs to begin with the word ask. The capsule's name comes next. The difficult part is now determining the names of the capsules that you want to install, which is a little more difficult because you don't need to find a friend with a Samsung device to show you all of the capsule names.

While I can't simply go through all of these different capsules for you, as you can see, there are quite a few. I went through every single one of these and found my favorite, which I'd like to share with you, and that capsule is called my brain, and what it does is remember basically anything you ask it to.

You can ask it to remember very specific things, such as reminding my brain that I parked on the third floor next to a blue column with the number C nine written on it. Then, on my way back to my car, I simply ask my brain, "Where did I park?"

Obviously, it would be a good thing if it remembered every single place you parked, because otherwise it would just return a list of all the different places and you'd have to sort through it to find the right one. 

As a result, you can also delete specific memories. All you have to do is recall a specific memory, and then while it's on your screen, ask it to be deleted. Where did I park, ask my brain? 

So here's the memory that I resurrected, and while it's on the screen, I simply say to my brain, "Ask my brain to delete this memory." 

Yes, and if you have a Samsung phone or tablet and want to delete these memories quickly, use Bixby to bring up the memories on your phone or tablet and say, ask my brain to show my memories Premiere.

"Also read: TOP 5 Rugged and Waterproof Smart Watches in 2022"

I can delete all memories, tap a specific memory, and delete only that memory, or edit a memory memory. All of these features are now available on the watch. Making these changes on a phone or tablet is simply much faster. 

In the end, I hope I gave you the right recommendations. It is now up to you to check out the capsules for more features tailored to your needs. 

Let me know in the comments if I convince you to reconsider your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Virtual Assistant (Bixby Advanced Functions). If you have a query or information, do share it with us in the comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments